Since the release of Joomla 2.5 there has been a particularly annoying “duplicate template” bug that becomes clearly evident when you install or update a template. This has caused a great deal of confusion and consternation among Joomla users, but nobody offered an easy to use fix until recently. As anyone else in this business I hit the wall with this bug, until I found a cure for it on RocketTheme's blog.
Yesterday your Joomla site worked just fine. Today is misbehaving. And you're clueless... Right? Hey, you're not the first one having this experience. You're on the good site where you might find the cure for your problem!
With recent upgrade of a great number of servers to PHP 5.3.8 may clients reported that their site began to show error messages like
This warning message is produced by PHP if a program attempts to send an additional HTTP header after the separator (and hence all the headers) has already been sent. In the HTTP protocol a server response consists of a group of headers followed by a body, separated by a single blank line (i.e. a line containing only a carriage-return).
A while ago I wrote a tip about problems geting SEF URL's work on 1&1-s servers. Back then I didn't realized, that the problem is the same - or at least fairly similar - on GoDaddy's servers too. Not everywhere, I have a site running on GoDaddy with sh404SEF without any need of tweaking the .htaccess file, but recently I had issues with another site.
So, the trick above solves the problem, but what is the cause?
- How to turn your error reporting level to maximum?
- Save Failed with the Following Error: Invalid Parent ID
- JFolder::create: Could not create directory
- Help! I'm Locked Out Of My Site!
- Just turned SEF on and inner page images where gone
- Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in...
- You are not authorised to view this resource
- This Site Is Temporarly Unavailable
- Problems geting SEF URL's work on 1&1-s servers
- jtablesession::Store Failed - DB function failed with error number 1062
Got Hacked? Article Count: 5
What to do when you got hacked? Here you can find some advices, tricks and tips on what you can do!